Six Steps to Resort Style Self Care
Today I am sharing my top six steps to resort style self care, and relaxation for everyday resort style living.
Now that you may have a little more time to yourself during the days, with the kids all back to school, it is the perfect time to partake in some self care for yourself. So today I am sharing six steps to resort style self care, along with a few of my favorite products to enhance the experience.
- CREATE A RESORT STYLE ENVIRONMENT, I have always mentioned throughout my blog that we believe in resort style living, and have been doing so for the past 6 years. This is probably key in setting the stage for proper self care. Today I have opted for a little R&R on our sleeping porch, which is the perfect outdoor setting for a serine little get away.
*Please note that I was compensated for this post. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. These involve no extra cost to you. You can view my full advertising disclosure here.
2. COMFY ATTIRE, this seems like it would be obvious, but let me say I was recently turned on to Cozy Earth Lounge apparel. I am smitten with the relaxed bamboo jogger shorts ,which are perfect for year round comfort and they also offer a cute jogger pant as well. I paired them with the super soft bamboo tank top for a simple yet chic self care loungewear outfit.
I love them and I know you will too. You can even try them, just use my custom link to: Cozy Earth and save 40% with my code: JENRON40 when you order.3. SNUGGLY BLANKETS & SOCKS always make my self care essential list any time of year. I find that no matter how hot or cold it is my feet stay cold these days. So, I always have a snuggly blanket or my super soft nap socks to keep them toasty. These pair perfectly with my Cozy Earth pj’s, which are completely temperature regulated so I’m never too hot or cold, even when I am all cuddled in blankets.
4. BEAUTY ESSENTIALS are always a nice touch to add to your special time too, whether it be a a nice hand cream or a special face mask. I have really taken to this new under eye serum called Caffeine, which helps to eliminate dark circles. I also like to rub my feet with an all time favorite from LUSH, my Peppermint foot rub, before I stow them away into my Snuggly Nap socks that I have listed above.
You may also notice that I have added in a few of my own perfume scented candles for a more personal touch, in addition to an array of unscented candles that I use for ambient lighting.5. A GOOD READ, this could be a book, a magazine or even an online blog such as this one, LOL! Whatever you enjoy and take comfort in during your downtime. If it inspires you or helps you to escape to another world entirely, you do you. I personally love a decor book to draw out inspiration for other designs and techniques. As a designer you must love all design and encompass an ability to create all kinds, whether you choose to live in that style or not. 6. A BEVERAGE OF CHOICE, this category can truly be left up to interpretation: a cocktail, wine, herbal tea, hot or cold. It is whatever relaxes you and puts you at ease. Today I am partaking in a tasty Strawberry Basil Iced Tea, since the weather is still a bit on the warmer side here. I find it hydrating and refreshing. Here is my recipe below, if you want to give it a try:
Strawberry Basil Iced Tea
- Large Pitcher
- 4 bags Lipton Tea Bags
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda takes out bitter flavor and releases tea
- 1/2 cup Torani Strawberry Syrup (we use the Sugar Free variety) you can also do this with the Peach syrup too
- 5-7 sprigs Fresh Basil
- Boil up 2 cups of water and pour of the 4 tea bags into pitcher, and 5 basil leaves.
- Add baking soda and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Remove tea bags, and leaves. Add Torani Syrup and fill pitcher with ice and water.
- Stir well then add in Basil, allow to sit overnight in refrigerator for basil to seep into tea.