Grilling Up Pepper Jack Stuffed Porkies
Today I am sharing my recipe for grilling up Pepper Jack Stuffed Porkies, which is a great summertime recipe for outdoor grilling or even the Airfryer!
Hey Y’all today I am sharing the perfect summertime grilling recipe my Pepper Jack Stuffed Porkies! This is a great recipe for Memorial Day weekend, the 4th of July or any other time you might have a little backyard grill gathering. It is also great for tailgating in the fall while cheering for your favorite team and can even be made easily in an AirFryer as well.
To get this party started you will want to use a good quality of beer brat. Slice your bratwurst in half lengthwise and stuff it with a pepper jack cheese stick for easy prep. This will totally save time; you can use sliced pieces of your favorite cheese off of a block as well to fill this space. Next, you are going to wrap the entire bratwurst with cheese inside, in a slice of good quality bacon, I personally like applewood smoked bacon because pigs and apples just go together, right? Secure the ends of your brat with a water-soaked toothpick, if needed, before grilling or placing into the AirFryer. Here, I was able to make sure the ends of the bacon were tucked under prior to cooking, so no toothpicks were used. Bake in an AirFryer for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep a close eye on them, you may need to rotate them with tongs, to prevent them from burning on the ends around the edges. If you are are grilling you will also want your grill around the 350 degree mark for around 10-15 minutes with the lid down, turning half way through the cooking time. Once they are done dress however you like, if you are avoiding carbs, and going KETO, they are great without buns. If you like a more traditional version add your favorite buns, condiments like buttered onions, which are Ron’s fav! Validia Buttered Onions:
You will want to thinly slice 3 medium Vidalia onions. Lightly sauté onions in your skillet or Instant Pot for 5 minutes with 4 tbsp of butter to lightly caramelize. Then you will add in one 12 oz beer of your choice (we use a dark AmberBock). Seal the pot and cook for 5 minutes or set Instant Pot to High-Pressure manual cook for 5 minutes. If using an Instant Pot allow to naturally vent when finished, which is approximately 10 minutes.
Pepper Jack Stuffed Porkies
- 1 Knife
- 1 Air Fryer optional
- 1 Instant Pot optional
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 lb Beer Bratwurst
- 1 lb Bacon Applewood Smoked Preferred
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks *you can cut your own sticks from block cheese
- 1 package Hot Dog Buns optional
- 1 Spicy Brown Mustard optional garnish
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced optional garnish
- 3 medium Vidalia Onion thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Butter, salted
- 12 oz Beer Medium to Dark variety Preferred
- Slice your bratwurst in half lengthwise and stuff it with pepper jack cheese.
- Then you will wrap the entire bratwurst in a slice of applewood smoked bacon. You can secure the end with a toothpick it needed.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on grill or your 15-18 Air Fryer at 350 degrees. Keep an eye on them, you may to rotate them to prevent burning on the ends.
- While you are cooking the Porkies, you will want to be cooking the Vidalia Beer Butter Onions. Thinly slice 2- 3 large Vidalia Onions lightly sautéed in your skillet or Instant Pot for 5 minutes with 4 tbsp of butter.Add in one light beer of your choice, cover skillet and cook for 5 minutes; or set to High-Pressure manual for Instant pot. Cook for. Allow Instant Pot to naturally vent when finished, approximately 10 minutes.
- When Porkies and onions are done, serve on your favorite bun with spice mustard topped with beer buttered onions. You can garnish with extra jalapeños for additional heat if you like.
PIN ME for later and be sure to follow us on Pinterest at Jen @ JENRON DESIGNS