Movie Night Toffee Pretzel & Popcorn Cookies
Just a plate full of these yummy Movie Night Toffee Pretzel & Popcorn Cookies and a night filled with all your favorite movies!
This is the perfect time of year to snuggle up and catch all your favorite holiday movies. Grab a plate full of Movie Night Toffee Pretzel & Popcorn Cookies the perfect movie snacks in one cookie. They are even printing shirts these days about baking stuff and watching Hallmark movies. This trend is what really inspired me to mix some of my favorite things, baking cookies and holiday movie night. I wanted to create a special themed movie night cookie that had all my favorite snacks inside, so this is how my Toffee Pretzel & Popcorn Cookies were born.
Movie Night Toffee Pretzel & Popcorn Cookies
- 2 sticks Butter European
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pretzel sticks crushed
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- 1/2 cup mini m&m's
- 2 cup popcorn pre popped
- 1 tsp Madagascar Vanilla
- Cream together the room temp butter and sugars in your Stand Mixer until it forms a paste.
- Then add in the slightly beaten eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to mixer slowly, about a half a cup at a time.
- Remove from mixer and hand stir in Popcorn, Toffee Chips, M& M's and Pretzel sticks.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, or hand roll 12 balls to place onto your cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 mins, DO NOT OVER COOK it could burn your popcorn. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before moving to a plate or cooling rack.
- These cookies can be made ahead of time and tend to be better after sitting for a day to stabilize ingredients.
So, maybe this mix is not really your thing…. okay well I say make it your own. Maybe you are more of Raisinets, kind of person like my hubby. Well he is just jonesing for my follow up movie night cookie; which is an Oatmeal Raisinets Cookie. Here are a few other Movie Night Cookie Variations:
- Oatmeal Raisinets Cookies
- Chocolate Junior Mints- Chocolate Cookie with Andes Candies & Junior Mints
- Peanut Butter Pleasures- Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese’s Pieces & Goobers
- Lemonhead Sugar Cookies- Frosted Lemon Sugar cookies topped with crushed LemonHeads
- Gumdrop or Jelly Bean Sugar Cookies ( you could even use Dots or Red Hots)
- S’mores Cookies
- M & M Cookies
- Buttered Popcorn Sugar Cookies with Popcorn and Jellybeans
*Please note that was compensated for this post and. These involve no extra cost to you, but may result in me receiving a small commission – for which I am very grateful! You can view my full advertising disclosure here.
Another great snacking stir in idea, that is always a holiday favorite is Harry & David’s Moose Munch, available in single serve packs. Perfect for seasonal gift giving or stocking stuffing. It makes a great neighbor gift, a little treat to leave for your postman, or even your service professionals you see on a regular basis. They are also the perfect size for a stocking stuffer too.
So, what is your favorite holiday movie to watch? As you can see we were channeling our inner Grinch on this particular movie night. However, we have a very specific list of must see holiday movies; which are probably very similar to yours.
For us, it is just not Christmas until we have seen these movies, and while there are a ton of great ones out there, we love these and they tend to be our all time favorites.
Jen & Ron’s Must See Holiday Movie List:
- Christmas Vacation
- A Christmas Story
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Original)
- The Grinch
- Polar Express
- Christmas with The Kranks
- Home Alone
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Santa Clause
- Miracle on 34th StreetThese also make a great cookie to take for a cookie exchange, since they are on unique. I guarantee you will not find a duplicate on this recipe, so I decided this would be my feature cookie this year after my taste testing above with the hubby.
I can say that all 8 dozen of my cookies, were snatched and several ladies asked me for the recipe as well. I can say that this one, was indeed a hit for the holidays. So we will be adding this recipe card into the holiday cookbook.
More Great Cookie Exchange Recipes:
PIN ME for later and be sure to follow us on Pinterest at Jen @ JENRON DESIGNS
*Please note that this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. These involve no extra cost to you, but may result in me receiving a small commission – for which I am very grateful! You can view my full advertising disclosure here.