Easy Winter Self Care Tips
Today I am sharing my easy winter self care tips for resort style self care, and skin care.
Now that the seasons have changed, I wanted to share a few of my easy winter self care tips. These are a few of my ritual skincare helpers that keep my skin from getting too dry during the cold winter months. These are great things to do especially while I am relaxing and partaking in a little self care at the same time to relieve stress this time of year!
1. CREATE A RESORT STYLE ENVIRONMENT, I have always mentioned throughout my blog that we believe in resort style living and have been doing so for the past 6 years. This is probably key in setting the stage for proper self care. Today I have opted for a little R&R by way of a self care spa day. Setting the stage with fresh fragrances, ultra-plush towels & robes, luxurious tub trays and high-end products to fulfill any spa goers wants and desires. We even added a sauna into our basement to create the full spa experience without leaving home.
*Please note that I was compensated for this post. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. These involve no extra cost to you. You can view my full advertising disclosure here.
2. COZY TOWELS, this seems like it would be obvious, but let me say I was recently part of the product launch for the new Cozy Earth Towel Line. I am in love with these premium plush towels. I was able to acquaint myself with the luxury of the 45″ x 60″ bath sheets, which are perfect for creating an at home spa experience. They are so soft and ultra-absorbent; I love them, and I know you will too. You can even try them, just use my custom link to: Cozy Earth and save 40% with my code: JENRON40 when you order.
3. TAKE A NICE HOT STEAM BATH
You may remember I wrote a self care post about The Art of a Perfect Bath and what makes up the perfect bath? You can see all my tips outlined at the post above, along with all the amazing health benefits that a hot bath offers. Carve out that time for you, bring in a good book and beverage, put on some low music and lock the door so you won’t be disturbed, lol.
What goes in the tub? Well, I am still a huge fan of the Lush bath products and I use them in conjunction with bath salts to create the most relaxing bath blend, in my humble opinion. However, I wrote a great post on creating your own DIY Holistic Herbal Bath Salts as well, below. I offer you plenty of options for your own perfect hot bath remedy to fits your lifestyle.
4. TRY DRY BRUSHING, this is something I love to do, in the winter, for my skin. Dry brushing unclogs pores which makes it easier for the body to sweat and eliminate toxins in your body. It also helps detoxify your skin while exfoliating, by increasing blood circulation and promoting lymph flow and drainage, along with unclogging pores. I have several dry brush options seen below. It is also great before we use the sauna, see our DIY Home Sauna.
5. USE A HYDRATING FACE MASK, your face is your calling card so make sure that you are hydrating it properly and giving it loads of nurturing antioxidants to heal your skin from all the free radicals it comes in contact with daily.
This is a great face mask I recently tried from Slo Brew Botanicals they offer fresh sealed masks that instantly restores your skin’s natural radiance and give you the ultimate glow. This is the Yuzu Vitamin C mask, which brightens dull, uneven skin tones to bring out your skin’s natural glow with a powerful dose of natural antioxidants, defending skin against free radicals. You can try it for free, just pay shipping, at the link above.
6. HYDRATION INSIDE AND OUT- A soothing beverage of choice, this category can truly be left up to interpretation: an herbal tea; hot or cold, vitamin water or even homemade hydrating fruit infused water. Whatever relaxes you and puts you at ease, while rehydrating your body. This time of year, we are really prone to dehydration without even knowing it, from household heat, to just not drinking enough fluids.
Easy Infused Water Recipe Combos:
- Cucumber, Melon & Mint
- Strawberry & Basil
- Lemon, Lime & Thyme
- Grapefruit & Rosemary
- Blackberry, Orange & Ginger