Boozy Dole Whip
Today I have created a Boozy Dole Whip for your weekend in sun, and it tastes just like a tropical vacation in a cup.
As a little kid I loved going to Disney World, and my favorite treat was the yummy Dole Whips, available only in Adventure Land. However, now days you better be putting a lot of rum into them to even get me anywhere near Disney World! The crowds, lines, and heat, then the crying, screaming (and that’s just the adults) nowadays don’t forget the the endless scheduling of fast passes, and the overpriced everything. Honestly, the entire scenario would make any adult want to drink, heavily. Funny it is really not the enchanted, magical memories, one has left over from their wondrous childhood days, now is it? This is how my version of the Boozy Dole Whip was born, LOL
All that aside, I still love a good Dole Whip, and I the found the Boozy Dole Whip brings back just as many memories. Which is why I want to share this magical recipe with you all. I got to say really love the flexibility of this recipe, because you can pre make it, and freeze it.This allows you to control the quality of products and produce used, not to mention the base has a ton of uses. It’s a great summertime dessert treat and you can just scoop it into a cup like ice cream.You can turn it into homemade popsicles or add a frozen ring to a punch bowl, which is great for birthday parties or a baby shower. This recipe also lends itself to be made into to a mocktail if you like, by adding in a sparkling coconut water, which to me tastes like a sunset vacation in a glass.Should you decide to make it a grown up cocktail, you can just float a shot of dark rum right on top for a Boozy Dole Whip. Another benefit is the mix will keep in the freezer for several months, so if you have impromptu, pop up gathering, your prep work is already done. Just pull the frozen container out of freezer, and microwave on the defrost setting for about 2 minutes. This will just help to liquefy the juices a bit for easy scooping and removal. Then mix with the cocktail recipe below, pour and serve.
THE GROCERY LIST:
A BASIC DOLE WHIP
2 cup Pineapple chunks (frozen is better if you are it serving promptly)
3 Tbsp Honey
8 oz Frozen Whipped Topping
6 oz Pineapple Juice
ADD FOR A COCKTAIL
- 1/2 can La Croix Coconut Sparkling Water (fizzy option) or 4 oz Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Dark Rum or Coconut Rum-or 2 oz per glass (optional)
Put all items into your blender and mix. Garnish with fresh fruit, pineapple or strawberries just to make it pretty.
Boozy Dole Whips
- 4 oz Coconut Water (per glass) optional -1/2 can La Croix Coconut Sparkling Water for fizzy option
- 2 oz Rum (per glass) Dark or Coconut your choice
- 2 cups Pineapple chunks (frozen is better if you are it serving promptly) (frozen is better if you are it serving promptly)
- 3 tsbp 3 Tbsp Honey
- 8 oz 8 oz Frozen Whipped Topping
- 6 oz Fresh Pineapple Juice
- Pineapple Chunks Strawberries Optional Garnish
- Put all items into your blender and mix to create the Dole Whips
- Garnish with fresh fruit, pineapple or strawberries just to make it pretty.
PIN ME for later and be sure to follow us on Pinterest at Jen @ JENRON DESIGNS