Baja Fish Tacos & Avocado Coleslaw
This week I am sharing my Baja Fish Tacos & Avocado Coleslaw recipe that I mention last week during my Summertime Fish Fry post.
This is truly one of our summer time staples during the hot summer months when nothing heavy sounds very good. I find that Baja Fish Tacos & Avocado Coleslaw are very light and you can have just one or three for your Taco Tuesday dinner.
The ingredients are also fresh, so if you have a Patio Garden like myself, you can probably harvest many of the items from your own garden, such as tomatoes, peppers and cilantro.
As I mentioned last week, this is my fresh new take on coleslaw. My Avocado Coleslaw where fresh mashed avocado is used instead of traditional mayonnaise. This lowers the bad cholesterol for a more health conscience option. Plus it also helps to prevent spoilage during the hot summer months when mayonnaise has a shorter life expectancy in the heat.
Baja Fried Fish Tacos
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb White Fish
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 package Tortillas
- 2 cups Coleslaw Mix
- 1 Avocado Mashed
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 8 oz Queso Fresco Crumbled
- 8 oz Salsa Fresh
- Mix Panko, 2 tbsp of Taco Seasoning and Corn Starch into a pie plate
- Combine Sour Cream and 2 tbsp of water together to make slurry, dip fish in slurry then drudge into the Panko mixture.
- Bake in Air Fryer at 390 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- To make Avocado Coleslaw mash avocado with 1 tbsp of Taco Seasoning fold in coleslaw mix.
- When fish is done create Taco with chunks of fish, avocado coleslaw, Queso fresco and fresh salsa for a Baha fresh flavor.
Even if it is just us for dinner we try to eat alfresco if the weather cooperates. Alfresco dining is one of those things we picked up while traveling around Europe. We noticed that no matter what day it was, a weeknight or weekend, the people seemed to make every meal count. Whether it was in a local bistro or in a local plaza courtyard or on their own balcony. They all liked to dine alfresco and enjoy the world not stuck in front of tv, and when it is nice outside so do we.