Avocado Deviled Eggs
Avocado Deviled Eggs are the perfect addition to any holiday gathering, and taste eggcellent.
JUMP TO RECIPE
I recently made a batch of Avocado Deviled Eggs and they were so good I just had to share. You see the idea hit me after watching the Amazon Prime movie Troop Zero. You see there is a line in that movie I just fell in love with, “Avocados, it’s the Lord’s way of saying Mayonnaise”. You may not know this about me but I love to quote funny movie quotes, usually at inappropriate times for best comic relief, however some people just don’t get it.
*Please note that this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. These involve no extra cost to you, but may result in me receiving a small commission – for which I am very grateful! You can view my full advertising disclosure here.
Anyways this quote, really got me to thinking what if you substituted avocado, which I absolutely love, for mayonnaise? I mean they are a better health option, less saturated fats, more good fats and all that jazz. These cute little creations are perfect for Easter or Saint Patrick’s Day since they are green, and even Fourth of July or Cinco de Mayo, boom now you have all the summer holidays even covered with these tasty non mayo based treats. Plus if your kiddos are looking for a Dr. Seuss Day version of Green Eggs & Ham just add a little slice of bacon right on top for a little dirty keto treat.The recipe is super easy since you are basically just substituting the mayonnaise out and adding in avocado in your basic deviled egg recipe. I do recommend pre mashing and mixing the avocado as if you were making a guacamole or avocado toast spread, then stirring in your egg yolks that have been mashed. This makes a smoother paste more inline with a typical deviled egg.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Egg Platter
- 1.5 " Baking Scoop
- 1 dozen Eggs Hard Boiled, Cooled, Peeled
- 2 medium Avocados halved, seeded, mashed
- 4 slices Applewood Bacon Pre Cooked, Sliced into chunks for garnish
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 2 tbsp Penszy Seasoned Salt
- 2 tbps Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tbsp Chives Diced, Garnish
- 1 Jalapeno Sliced Garnish- Optional
- 2 tbsp Cilantro fresh chopped - optional
- Pre cook bacon until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. in air fryer or in skillet. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large stock pan with hot water and slice of lemon. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover eggs with lid set aside for 5 minutes. ( The lemon makes eggs easier to peel)
- Prep avocado by cutting in half and removing seed. Scoop out contents with a spoon and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Stir in cilantro (optional), lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Drain pot and fill with cold water before peeling. After peeling eggs, cut them in half lengthwise, removing the yolks into a seperate bowl.
- In a small bowl, mash the yolks with a fork until smooth and then mix into your avocado mixture.
- Use a small baking scoop (similar to Ice cream scoop but smaller) to fill the eggs, topped with bacon and garnished with chives.
PIN ME for later and be sure to follow us on Pinterest at Jen @ JENRON DESIGNS
I’m a lover of hard-boiled eggs, but there aren’t many ways to cook them, so I love you for suggesting such a tasty recipe!
Combining avocado and deviled eggs? Heavenly!
I’ve never tried with Avocado before! I will definitely be trying this recipe! Avocado is my favorite
I am not a foodie and i’m really bad at cooking food but i like eating eggs! Avocado deviled eggs look a delicious addition indeed!
What a great twist on the classic devilled eggs! My husband would love these!
It never would have occurred to me to use avocados for this! Thanks for the inspiration (and pretty pictures!)
Oh wow! I’ve never thought to use avocado! We will have to give this a try the next time we make them! Yummy!
Never thought of making avocado deviled eggs, what a creative idea! Kinda like deviled eggs with a Green Eggs & Ham twist. Lol Definitely have to try this in the near future!
What a great idea! I love avocado mashed on toast what could be better than avocado mashed in an egg! Thanks for the idea!
Oh I need to try this. I’m not a fan of yolk so I never get to have deviled eggs.
They look so good, can’t wait to try them myself.
That looks so delicious! I love the combination of eggs + avocado, so I bet this will be a hit!
Oh these sound delicious! I think I know what I’ll be making for Easter. Thanks for the idea!
This looks yummy. I will definitely try this.
I love avocado and eggs on a slice of bread. I bet this one is also delicious. Can’t wait to try!
Avocados are just so beneficial for your health, and not to mention yummy! And this deviled eggs recipe looks quite delicious too, and a fun way to celebrate the occasion!
I love this interesting take on deviled eggs . I totally love avocado and as usual your presentation is flawless
This is such a great idea! I never thought about doing an avocado deviled egg. Thanks!
Sharon I am so glad that your family enjoyed them and they are now a favorite! Thank you so much for all the kind words of encouragement my friend.
This looks delicious! What a great way to incorporate a healthy fat.
I would LOVE this version so much. I just love avocado.
having Avocado on my eggs is something new to me… We always treat avocado as a dessert from where I am… Will definitely try this soon!
Yum. The avocado is so nice in the deviled eggs. Great recipe!
These sound absolutely PERFECT! Can’t wait to try these.