10 Great Farmhouse Light Fixtures
Here are 10 great Farmhouse Light fixtures can really set the tone for your entire home. Sometimes lighting can make all the difference.
When we moved into our new home, all of our hallways and bedrooms consisted of your basic flush mount dome lights (aka the dreaded boob light). Sadly not a single farmhouse light fixture to be found but the was easy to upgrade after the fact with my simple guide of 10 great farmhouse light fixtures.
Below you can a common builder staple in new construction, and can be upgraded with most builders prior to closing. I personally decided to go with the basic light package in most of our rooms. Why?
1) To save money on the front end while building
2) To avoid making a rushed decision, prior to determining each spaces potential design direction. Since the entire building process can be very overwhelming, with lots of permanent decisions made in a short period of time. I felt that focusing on decisions that could not be easily altered in post-construction was the way to go. That would include things like basic floor plan layout, electrical plans, trim and final finishes such as tile and flooring. These were more important to me in the grand scheme of the final design. I also knew at the time, we would be replacing these fixtures upon getting settled in our new home, but it was not going to be a priority up front.
A few months after getting settled, I chose to go with these beautiful Heritage Gabriella 3 Light Foyer Pendants that were purchased at Wayfair, which is also part of Joss & Main and Birch Lane. So be sure to check out all of there sites while you are all there. I really love the way this fixture looks like an outdoor lantern. Minus all the pesky glass you have to keep clean, which is a total pain. They are available in 3 colors, I purchased the Burnished Bronze to match the iron balusters on our staircase bannister and upper balcony rails. I also love the way the light reflects on to the ceiling which is why we installed them on the diagonal, just another little designer detail.We took out all of our lower level hallway dome lights and added these pendants to create a semi formal feel. We needed 4 total to complete the look, in all hallways. This is why I recommend purchasing while they are on sale, regular price gets expensive when you need larger quantities. Since we are lucky enough to have 9 ft ceilings, the pendents can hang 2 ft. from the ceiling and do not interfere with the walk space. This is what creates that very high end, expensive look you might see in a hotel or restaurant space.
DESIGNER TIP: Finally, we added a dimmers to all the switches, so we could control the light level, you can see the dimmers in action above. Many people overlook this step, which is a shame, because it’s so easy. You can change the entire look of a room just by adjusting the light level. You create very low ambient lighting for a cozy setting, or turn the dimmer all the way up for functional task lighting. This step is one of things, that will separate the “designer show homes” from just another pretty house.
*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can view my full advertising disclosure here.
My Top 10 favorite Farmhouse Light Fixtures
These are great because they are all reasonably priced and would make a great addition to any home.
- Sutton Pendant I also love the-Goffredo Schoolhouse Pendant
- Willa Arlo 6-Light Globe Pendant
- Brookville 6-Light Medium Foyer Lantern
- Dewey 3-Light Kitchen Island Pendant
- 1-Light Single Star Foyer Pendant
- Freemont 5-Light Foyer Pendant
- Sherri-Ann 3-Light Lantern Square/Rectangle Pendant
- Kaycee 4-Light Geometric Pendant
- Hankinson 5 Light Globe Pendant Looking for Antique Bronze- Baitz 6-Light Globe Chandelier
- Bouvet 1-Light Mini Pendant